Monday, October 31, 2011

True Facts

There are times in life when you hear something so odd that it is difficult to believe that it is true. Here is a list of interesting TRUE facts. The facts are in black, and my commentary is in red.

-One out of ten children in Europe are conceived on an IKEA bed.
I hope this isn't going to be the premise of a new advertisement campaign, even if this does make IKEA   more family-friendly.
-Antarctic is the only continent without reptiles or snakes.
If you can guarantee that there are zero children there, guess who's booking a one-way ticket to have the same zip code as Santa Claus...me!
-The youngest pope was 11 years old.
Did all the 12 year old boys have detention that day for Conclave?
-Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner.
Why would they need popcorn? It's not like they were watching a movie.
-A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
Need to bury a body, no need for a shovel, call a mole.
-Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
Great another reason for me to avoid children, because of all them eating their peanut butter and jelly sandwich are just a ticking time bomb.
-A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
I am going to need to see a demonstration before I believe this, oh and I get to choose the child to volunteer.
-Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
I bet it was a woman eating lean cuisine meals that came up with the self-adhesive stamp.
-Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning.
This makes me think of a bunch of ants waking up in the morning and doing yoga and pilates before they carry away crumbs from your picnic.
-Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can't find any food.
I am getting a premonition...I see the next organism that will be extinct is the ribbon worm. Cause of extinction will be stupidity and no self control with appetite. 
-Slugs have 4 noses.
I think they would have preferred four legs; therefore, it didn't take them a thousand years to move an inch.
-Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.
I think God/Mother Nature has a great sense of humor, since owls are nocturnal they never see anything but darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment