Sunday, October 16, 2011

Muck Fizzou

I grew up in a Missouri's Tiger household, and this was most apparent when we moved to Iowa. My mother refused to be affiliated with anything Hawkeye related, and she had a mental restraining order against anything dealing with the Hawkeyes; nothing within 100 feet of our house. My mother is thankfully back in Missouri, so I don't have to worry about her yelling "Hawkeyes suck" at the top of her lungs. Hawkeyes vs. Tigers- two teams with the same colors (black and gold); but apparently a HUGE difference in the eyes of my mother-whom has NEVER watched a single football game in her life. Loyalty for her homestate (she was born in Sedalia, MO) runs deep, even dealing with things she couldn't explain if her life depended on it.

This weekend was Mizzou's 100th homecoming game in Columbia, MO, and they won against Iowa's Cyclones; which made my mom elated. However, I realize that not everyone likes Mizzou (or football for that manner). Therefore, I will share some amusing jokes with you. If you are a die-hard Mizzou fan I would suggest you stop reading now......

I SAID STOP READING!


Q: Why did Rihanna briefly consider attending Mizzou?
A: They don't beat anyone.

Q:Why does Mizzou have paw print on their uniforms?
A: They are used to getting stepped on.

Q: What's the difference between yogurt and Columbia, Missouri?
A: Yogurt has an active living culture.

Craving some more Missouri and Mizzou dissing? Then check out this site: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2200204458&topic=2340

No comments:

Post a Comment