Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My iPad experience

Yesterday I purchased my iPad, and I am already in LOVE with it. I imagine this feeling I am experiencing is what a mother feels when she has her firstborn-and yes, I just compared a newborn to an innovated technology device. Even though I am amusing myself with all the Apps on the iPad, it was my experience at the Apple Store that amused me the most. WARNING: This story may only be funny to me; it might be one of those stories where you just had to be there. DISCLAIMER: For those that don't know me, I am not a fan of children, except the ones I am related to. However, I am not immune to laughing out loud to the ridiculous and funny things that children say and do. So I have just walked into the Apple store and one of the employees was helping me make my decision on which iPad to get (and yes picking the color-black or white- was the hardest decision aspect). When all of a sudden this child (approximately 6-8 years old), is running after his mom, yelling "Mommy! Mommy! I want an Ipet! Mommy, buy me an Ipet!" Which was really funny to me, but the mother looked really annoyed by her child; and I joined being annoyed after the child repeated this for the tenth time. I have this general outlook in life that if you cannot pronounce an item/thing correctly, maybe you shouldn't have nor need it for one reason or another....for instance, I cannot pronounce pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, even if my life depended on it. Therefore, I probably don't need it and I especially do not want it (for those that are curious pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a type of lung disease).

Even though I am borderline obsessed with almost any apple product, I have become obsessed with theoatmeal.com ; it has become my newest resource for procrastination. Therefore, the ultimate procrastination experience for me would be reading articles on theoatmeal.com on my iPad.

Here's an article on the website that meets all my requirements of the ultimate procrastination experience: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

No comments:

Post a Comment