Friday, October 14, 2011

The odoriferous banana with protein

I absolutely detest bananas, and especially abhor the smell of a banana. I think burnt human hair, boiled cabbage, rotting cadavers, and Amorphophallus titanum (aka the Corpse Flower) smell absolutely horrendous; however, the smell of bananas is almost as foul smelling in my opinion. Today a friend (that taunts me with bananas on a daily basis) was eating a banana in class, and I gave her my familiar "you are eating a banana'" death glare, and she responded, "I am sorry, but I need my protein." Yes she responded PROTEIN, not potassium. So obviously, the food pyramid has it all wrong. It look like the banana was adopted by the fruit family; however, its biological parents are the meat family. So to all you muscle builders out there, forget the steroids, just eat a bucket of bananas; they are just chockfull of protein. That must be why monkeys have such a huge appetite for bananas; they are wanting to be as muscular and ripped as King Kong. 

For all you banana enthusiasts here are some banana jokes that you can substitute in your day instead of eating a banana, or better yet eat an apple. Rumor has it that apples are chockfull of calcium, whole grains, and protein, so bon appetit!!!

Q: Why do bananas wear suntan lotion?
A: Because they peel.

Q: Why are bananas never lonely?
A: Because they hang around in bunches.

Q: Why do bananas' do so well on the dating scene?
A: Because they have Appeal.

Q: Why did the banana go out with the prune?
A: Because he couldn't find a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment