Saturday, November 19, 2011

Learn Something New

I am a fan of the TV show, Bones. It use to have a character on there called Vincent Nigel-Murray. He tended to blurt out trivial facts when under stress as a method of relieving anxiety. Today's post consists of trivial facts from a StumbleUpon find (URL at the end of the post). The facts are in black/bolded font; whereas, my commentary is in red/italicized font.


Hitler received 1,000 letters a month of fan mail.  I wonder if Hitler had a Facebook page: how many friends would he have, how many likes he would get on status updates, and if anyone would have the guts to poke him via Facebook...
The original title for the Beatles song 'Yesterday' was 'Scrambled Eggs' This is one of my favorite Beatle songs, but I definitely had to google the lyrics to see how in the world 'scrambled eggs' could have been the title of the song (I still don't understand). Especially since the most popular way to order eggs is over easy; but then with the song title 'Over Easy' I would think the song was about prostitutes.
Pigeons can't fart. Who needs to fart when you can poop every minute on plethora of inanimate (at times animate) objects.
The greatest height a chicken egg has been dropped without cracking is 700 ft. I bet they were allowed to use more than toothpicks to protect their egg. *I was only allowed to use toothpicks for a 9th grade science experiment, and the egg had to drop 15 feet without cracking.*
The world's oldest lightbulb is still working since 1901.  Whoever took out a warranty on this lightbulb is probably feeling pretty foolish right now.
Wayne Allwine, the voice of Mickey Mouse, was married to Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie. I bet a refrigerator full of cheese is what kept this marriage together.
If you pee in the shower you can save 1157 gallons of water a year.  There are just some things I am just not willing to do to leave less of a carbon footprint. This would end up leaving more of a pee-footprint that in my opinion leaves a longer lasting negative effect.
A pig's willy is shaped like a corkscrew. However, don't look at this as a substitute to open wine bottles, instead of hearing the "pop" from the bottle, you are going to hear a "squeal".
The longest traffic jam was 110 miles long. I would only last the first 5 miles....maybe.
There are 6700 languages.  Being fluent in only one language seems exponentially insignificant now. 
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2eGLAB/pete.com/view/learn-something-everyday-part-2

No comments:

Post a Comment