Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chick-fil-A Frenzy

Okay I need someone to explain the bizarre love, devotion, and loyalty people have for the chicken sandwiches at Chick-fil-A; it's a fried piece of chicken with a pickle and two slices of bread. I am just confounded; therefore, I went online and searched for answers. I went to Chick-fil-A's main website and within a second I saw a tab "Share your Chick-fil-A Story." EUREKA! So Chick-fil-A must be participating in humanitarian efforts (e.g. Project Homeless), so I thought I found my answers on why this restaurant chain has so many followers, almost like a cult chicken eating clientele. So I clicked on the tab and I was so wrong, this tab showed stories of weddings who had Chick-fil-A catered for their weddings!!! Here is a direct quote, "Thank you Chick-fil-A for making our wedding day extra special," I unfortunately am friends with Chick-fil-A-oholics that seriously need interventions for their addiction; however, they make for interesting stories. Recently, we took a road trip to the nearest Chick-fil-A for one of my Chick-fil-A-oholic friend's birthday dinner....and yes out of all of the restaurants in the world she wanted a chicken sandwich for dinner! Below are some of the memorable quotes from our road trip:

Me: I am not feeling that great...
Friend: Don't worry, Chick-fil-A cures everything!

Me: Since it's your birthday what kind of music do you want to listen to?
Friend: I don't care. Anything. Just make sure it has cuss words.

Friend (sitting in the back seat): Is this the same way I take when driving to Columbia, Missouri?
Me: Yes it is.
Friend: Well it sure does look really different.
Me: It looks different from the backseat? You are only two feet behind the driver's seat, explain to me how it looks different?

Friend: I feel overwhelm with jiggling all of our assignments for school.
Me: Jiggling? I think you mean juggling :)

Friend: Did you know there is part of a pig in green jello?
Me: hmm...you are crazy!

Friend: Did you also know that putting your nails in jello makes your fingernails grow faster?
Me: Please remind me why we are friends again you crazy bat :)

Now I am guilty of saying stupid things on road trips as well but since this is my blog I get to feed my ego and sound like the smart one amongst my friends.
Yes that is a birthday candle in a chicken sandwich, go ahead and judge!

Mission Chick-fil-A is a go!
*Chick-fil-A does participate in humanitarian efforts such as providing food for those recovery from a natural disaster...but for the purpose of this blog posting I played the ignorant card. To find out more about Chick-fil-A check out their website: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Story

No comments:

Post a Comment