Sunday, September 1, 2013

Armed With A Fork in Richmond, BC, Canada

I recently went to Richmond, British Columbia, Canada with a friend. The main purpose for this visit was to enjoy the cuisine and experience the Night Market in Richmond. Being an American and visiting Canada already makes me a foreigner; however, while visiting Richmond, I was the only Caucasian for the majority of the time; making me a double foreigner. Richmond has an immigrant population of 60%. Also, 50% of the residents of Richmond identify as Chinese; however, since we spent 100% of our time in the International area, it felt like I was the immigrant 100% of the time. There were places that charge additional charges if I wanted a fork instead of using chopsticks, and believe me, I need a fork when I eat. The night market in Richmond is comparable to a State Fair but with Asian food galore, and without forks. Here are pictures of me being so proud of my fork and food from the night market.

Only Caucasian in restaurant and you betcha I am armed and proud of my fork

Only Caucasian again

Waiting in line for the entrance into the Night Market

Inside the Night Market

Night Market entrance

Kebob sword fight

Me pretending to use chopsticks

Eating yam fries with chopsticks, I ended up using my fingers or stabbing the fries with the sticks :)

Kebobs galore

Saucy Chicken Pops

The mascot of the Night Market

Curry balls

Grilled squid

Bubble Waffle

No comments:

Post a Comment