Sunday, March 24, 2013

Volunteer Park

One of the things that I enjoy most about Seattle is the many different parks that are within the city limits. One of the parks that was on my Seattle Bucket List to visit was Volunteer Park. After almost a year of living in Seattle I finally made it to the park. And I got to say, I was unimpressed with the park itself. A friend described Volunteer Park as a "picnic park" however, it has a few small trails. In addition, the park has the Asian Art Museum and a Botanical Gardens. But I had other friends that told me that I needed to go to Volunteer Park for the view. Consensus: if you are wanting a view go to Kerry Park; if you want a park with trails go to Discovery Park; skip Volunteer Park unless you want to see Old Capitol Hill neighborhood, the Asian Art Museum or the Botanical Gardens (costs $4 for adults).

View from Volunteer Park
Actual View from Volunteer Park
What the internet "shows" the view will be at Volunteer Park

Asian Art Museum

Botanical Gardens at Volunteer Park

Flowers outside the Botanical Gardens in Volunteer Park



No comments:

Post a Comment