Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Blowing At Uptown Glassworks

I just had the ultimate glassblowing experience in Renton, Washington. My friend had a Groupon that allowed us to participate in making our own glassblowing projects. We each made a bowl. The colors I chose were cherry and black. There was a lot of huffing and puffing which allowed me to empathize with the big bad wolf in The Three Little Pigs. This particular Groupon experience allowed the user to participate in about 30% of the making of the project. I cannot wait to do another project there!
Placing the Cherry and Black Glass

Supervised as I play with fire and exhaust fan in the hair

After all the twirling and mixing of the colors

And the blowing begins

Blowing continues; I am turning red and the vein is protruding on my forehead

Making the opening for the bowl; I was a spectator at this part of the process

Twirling Expert Level

The final twirl




1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous! I've always wanted to try that! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete