Friday, August 16, 2013

Redneck Honey Boo Boo

It seems like I am behind having my first encounter with the unforgetable Honey Boo Boo. I have friends that have told me about this show but since I do not have cable and I tend to avoid all reality TV shows, I haven't seen it before....until my visit to my parents house. I was telling my mom (her name is June) that I was going to watch an episode, and her response, "I hate that the mother is named June too." The one episode turned into three.

Here's my reflection on no longer being a Honey Boo Boo virgin:
  • I am secretly hoping there's a marathon of the show. The characters are such an ego-booster; I don't think my self-esteem has ever been so high.
  • I feel slightly deprived that I did not ever participate in a "Red-neck Slip and Slide" while I was a child; therefore, I want to persuade my 8-year niece to be my accomplience, and then of course pin it all on her when/if we get in trouble.
    • Red-neck Slip and Slide: is where a person covers themself in a trashbag and then spread butter all over their body. Then pour oil all over the floor. Then let the slipping and sliding begin.
  • I am forever gratiful to my parents that I never ate roadkill.
    • On the show they got a phone call early in the morning that a hog was dead on the side of the road. So the family went and got it,  skinned it, and cooked it. Then Honey Boo Boo goes on to describe her "Road Kill Wish List." A porcupine was one of the animals on her wish list because then she could use the spikes as toothpicks. Either Honey Boo Boo is the most resourceful girl in the world or the most frightening...I am leaning towards the latter.
  • A person with the nickname Pumpkin, should NOT wear an orange dress to a wedding.
  • The invention of Beano has probably kept together as many families as family counseling. This family considers that if a person passes gas 10-15 times a day then they are healthy. Sugar Bear (father) is the master of being healthy.
This show is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine currently, and yes I have never felt smarter. I am hoping to catch a few more episodes before I fly back to Seattle to reserve my copy of the following books at the Seattle Public Library:
  • How to Honey Boo Boo: The Complete Guide on How to Redneckongize the Honey Boo Boo in You
  • Cookin ' Like Mama: Decorate, diet, barbecue, coupon, and cook like June with recipes for "sketti," roadkill BBQ, lemonade, "marannaise sammich," and more.
  • Fun And Games: From the Redneck Games and June's famous mani-pedis to Christmas in July, relax redneck-style.
  • How To Be A Beautimous Queen: Discover Honey Boo Boo's pageant secrets: makeup and fashion tips and advice on great costumes so you can be a supa star and rock dat stage!
  • Everything But The Kitchen SinK: Hilarious tales, how-tos, DIY projects, and lists of things to do, plus behind-the-scenes stories, family photos, secrets of Glitzy the pampered pet pig, and more!
  • Talk Like Hone Y Boo Boo: A Redneckopedia with essential vocabulary like "redneckognize," "vajiggle-jaggle," "old man glue," and more.
  • Oh Yeah or No Way? Do you know a "forklift foot" from a "neck crust"? Test your Honey Boo Boo knowledge with fun quizzes on the Honey Boo Boo way of life.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment