Friday, January 18, 2013

Apologizing to My Dryer

Okay, who else has put in a pair of socks into the washer and dryer, and then when putting away the laundry there is only one sock out of the pair that survived? This has happened to me several times and I have concluded that the dryer is the appliance that is equivalent to the Bermuda Triangle for socks. Missing socks is one of the great mysteries that seems to plague every household. So who is stealing them.....sock monsters, sock portals, or a hungry dryer?

I wear a lot of boots in Seattle; therefore, I have pairs of boot socks. I put in my favorite pair two months ago in the washer and dryer and viola there was only one sock at the end of the cycle. I had a few not so nice words with my dryer, because what am I suppose to do with one sock? It's like if I lose a glove, do I just decide which hand won't endure frostbite? Then a few days ago when I was cleaning my apartment I found the missing boot sock.....hence the half-hearted apology to my dryer. However, I am still missing like 100 more socks that are still uncounted for and I am not going to hold my breath that they are under my bed.

I have been told that I should invest in the Sock Cop to reduce my frustration of experiencing Missing Sock Syndrome and misplacing my anger towards my dryer. The next time I am at the Container Store I will check it out....and if I purchase it and still end up with missing socks then I am going to invoke World War 3 with my dryer and my socks will not be the only casualty.

No comments:

Post a Comment