Sunday, December 9, 2012

Nisqually Wildlife Refuge

The first and last time I went bird-watching was back in undergraduate for my field biology class. Our professor had us out there to "see" birds at 4am. Trust me at 4am, I didn't see anything. Plus I was no happy ducky because I was sans coffee.

However, round two was absolutely awesome! I went to Nisqually Wildlife Refuge and got to see Bald Eagles,  River Otters, and a slew of other birds (aren't I just so knowledgable about birds; that field biology class really paid off).

I haven't used my digital camera in over 6 months; I rely on my iPhone solely to capture memories for me. Although I couldn't zoom in and invade the bird's privacy I was able to look through my friend's camera; which captured amazing pictures.

I don't know if Washington has the ability to make everything fun (i.e. bird-watching) or it was other factors but Nisqually is tucked away and is simply serene. Below are some of the scenic pictures from the visit.

This is the pathway that you take onto the water. Disclaimer: it is really slippery when it rains.


At the end of the path. There's a little bit farther that you can go when it isn't hunting season. 

It started raining a little harder...hence the less fluffy hair look.




No comments:

Post a Comment