Sunday, October 28, 2012

Seattle Arboretum: Autumn

Leaves changing from green to vibrant colors is the best part of Autumn. Nothing feels more comforting than taking a walk and being surrounded by changing trees and falling leaves while wearing a jacket and a scarf. As children, most of us despised having to partake in the chore of raking leaves; but nothing was more joyful than jumping in piles of raked leaves. I still at 26 years old kick small piles of leaves on sidewalks and am filled with pleasure when the leaves flutter back to the ground. Something so innocent takes me back to cherished childhood memories.

Therefore, I was definitely looking forward to exploring the Arboretum for the first time during Autumn. The Arboretum is located less than a block from my work so I parked there and walked with my friend and we began doing the trails. There were some trees that were already completely turned, and then there were trees in transition (half turn half green). Trees in transition are by far my favorite; you see the past, present and future all in one tree.

With the changing of the leaves plenty of people were out taking pictures with their kids and families. One of the most interesting spots to see at the Arboretum is the "Musical Trees." It's just a small area but with the way water was flowing it was so serene to hear; it sounded just like someone playing a harp in my opinion.

One could easily spend half a day walking throughout the Arboretum but I truly couldn't imagine a more breathtaking time to visit than during Autumn. For those that live in areas that deprive you of experiencing the most amazing season of the year in my opinion; you have my deepest sympathies. Fall is the one season that I cannot live without in my year!

Stairway off the main trail

Graham Visitor Center

Pond off Azealia Pathway

In front of a fully changed tree :)

So many interesting vibrant colors
The beauty of Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment