Monday, October 8, 2012

2nd Trip to Canada: Victoria, British Columbia

My first trip to Canada was a road-trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba and it did not end well. My last few moments in Canada involved being interrogated by Canadian customs, my car searched, and all of my other belongs....yes fond memories. Therefore, I was slightly hesitant to embark on another Canadian adventure; however, Seattle has so many tempting options to make the endeavor back to Canada. My dad was visiting and we thought why not try our luck and do double the dose of Hosseins for the Canadians.

Thankfully our round-trip was drama-free. My dad and I took the Victoria Clipper from Seattle to Victoria; I love how the pier is less than a 10 minute walk from my apartment.  It was lovely and convenient that the Clipper drops off passengers in downtown Victoria so there is no need for a car.

First stop in Victoria was stopping at The Empress hotel to catch our bus, the Cruise Victoria Sightseeing (CVS) which I booked on the Clipper. My advice, don't book it on the Clipper wait til you get to Victoria and then chose a different bus line. The CVS bus line clientele was filled with an older population that look like they are on their way to a bingo championship game; however, the bus drivers were hilarious. The CVS bus line has five main stops that one can get off and on at: China Town, Craigdarroch Castle, Oak Bay Village, Cook Street Village, and Beacon Hill Park. The whole tour took about 90 minutes. The bus tour involves a lot of historic real estate. Since my dad and I did not spend the night in Victoria we did not get to visit the Butchart Gardens because that tourist attraction alone is an all day event. Going to the gardens is something I definitely look forward towards visiting in my next voyage.

The Empress Hotel

The BC Parliament 

My dad and me at The Empress

On the bus beginning our tour of Victoria

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment