Friday, January 6, 2017

2,250 Miles in 2016

I am having a bit of a proud moment here, which rarely happens, because I too, am my own worst critic. In 2013, I joined this online site called DailyMile, which users go online and log their miles of exercise. In 2015, I completed almost 1,300 miles of exercise, and I had plans to increase those miles for 2016, but what I did, exceeded my initial goal.

In 2016, I completed 2250 miles, and every single mile was outdoors. I did not step inside a gym. I had anticipated that I was outdoors more this year, and that it would show in the number of total miles, but I was surprised that I surpassed 2,000 miles. Also, for me to accumulate the most miles during the summer season is another pat-on-the-back that I have to give myself. In previous years, summertime has been when I am least active.

For those who are getting started in the new year with a journey of being healthier, I found this site to be helpful, and they also have an app you can download for your phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment