Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hurricane Ridge

I would like to think that all my hikes and the places that I visit in Washington are amazing and memorable; however, I just experienced the MOST stunning place I have been, ever; including overseas! The place, Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Forest. Why the accolades? Because it had the most sensational views! At an elevation of 5,242 feet, Hurricane Ridge allows a view of the Olympic Mountains that even when you are standing in front of it, you are probably thinking is this view being photoshopped right before your eyes! Hurricane Ridge is named for the intense winds, and they definitely made an appearance during my visit, but nothing could deter me from being  overcome with the majestic beauty of the mountains that surrounded me.

A fact of Washington hiking is that you could trek your way up a mountain, with your fingers and toes crossed that your viewpoint will not be completely covered in clouds and fog, and you not be able to see 10 feet in front of you. At times clouds and fog can add additional beauty to your view; this was the case for the view from Hurricane Ridge. Every single mountain peak could be seen but in-between the valleys of the mountains there were clouds rolling in and out. This cloud effect looked as a river of clouds rushing through the mountains and it was MESMERIZING!!

I hope if you visit Hurricane Ridge, you are as lucky as I was to see the impressive Olympic Mountain Ridge! After your hike I highly recommend stopping in Port Angeles at the local restaurant, Little D's Woodfire Grill; it was beyond charming and the food was mouthwatering!

All mountain peaks visible...Mt. Olympus is the "spotlight" peak; but there were no Zeus sightings :)

Cloud "rivers" in the valleys of the mountains

Can you see the clouds rolling in?!?!

 I took 100 pictures of this view!

Hello Sun


Love the wispiness of the clouds around the mountains.

Hello mama and baby deer

AMAZING smoked salmon linguine at Little D's Woodfire Grill with flatbread

We were the only non-locals in the place, and the restaurant is  not part of the main Port Angeles downtown.

The plates and cups were all original pottery and they sold their pieces as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment