Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bucket List Accomplishments

It's hard to believe that I have lived in Seattle for 3 months, time really does fly by when you are having fun and the city you live in is just absolutely awesome. This week I was able to cross off three things from my Seattle Bucket List: Riding the Giant Wheel, attending a play at the 5th Avenue Theatre, and visiting the Gum Wall.

Giant Wheel:
This ferris wheel just opened June 29th and has instantly become a Seattle favorite for observing amazing views that rival the space needle and is located at the waterfront. I had my first experience at sunset and I got to see the sun disappear behind the Olympic Mountains. The views were breathtaking and  the experience was unforgettable with friends. I encourage anyone visiting the Seattle area to give the ferris wheel a whirl because you won't be disappointed!
Above picture:After riding the ferris wheel and the sun was set I got to capture this picture from Alaskan Way



This is a picture of the sunsetting 

Gum Wall:
There's no better sticky situation that the Gum Wall located right under Pikes Marketplace. It seems like many people take advantage of getting their iconic picture with the most salvia-covered wall in Seattle and then bypass all the other gems in the alley. I got to have dinner at Alibi Room and had a Greek Pie and it was AMAZING, and it is right across from the wall! Don't forget to have a stick of gum in your purse so you can contribute to the artwork on the wall, and then definitely use hand sanitizer.
In front of one of the walls in the alley
5th Avenue Theatre:
I got to say I may be one of the few people that didn't really care for the movie Rent but I had the expectations that I would love the play....and I did. I mean you cannot watch Rent and be immune to humming "Seasons of Love" for the rest of the night. It was a great night for people watching and the theatre was even more pretty than the Orpheum theatre in Omaha. 





No comments:

Post a Comment