- Games/Puzzles: there are so many games/puzzles we no longer play or have outgrown; in addition, there were many card games that were missing cards.
- Books/Magazines: there were so many childhood books that were donated; some were recycled, such as the collection of TV Guides and Disney Adventures.
- Furniture: there are many pieces of furniture that are not utilized in my parent's; the ones that were donated were those that have been deemed uncomfortable.
- Kitchen items: my parents use to own a restaurant, and they have kept many shelving units and dishes that were utilized there. My parents also had many dish sets, and so they ended up donated all sets except for one; which freed up a lot of kitchen cabinet space.
- Baskets: I couldn't believe the number of baskets (various sizes) that my parents possessed.
- Children clothes: my mother kept almost all my baby clothes; although it was immensely nostalgic to go through them, I decluttered many of them.
- Holiday decorations: my mother loves to decorate for the holidays, but she is expending less energy and time into this tradition, so there were many items she was able to donate.
- Pictures and frames: my parents have accumulated many framed pictures that no longer pertains to their tastes and removed them from the walls and storage.
- Niece's toys and belongs: My niece is now a teenager and no longer plays or utilizes many of her things at my parent's house. She went through her things, and kept those that she was unable to get rid of yet.
|Dish sets and random dishes|
|This shows about 60% that was donated|
|Old luggage, stuffed animals, games, and the couch were donated|
|Puzzles, games, stuffed animals, books, and videos|
|Dish sets that are not used and wedding crystal|
|The items that my niece donated|
|Figurines that I had received over the years of my childhood.|
|Stuffed animals that were donated|
|We recycled this box of old TV guide books|
|We filled up this entire truck of things that we decluttered.|