Saturday, February 13, 2016

52 Hike Challenge

When I have free time, I cannot get to the mountains, national parks, waterfalls, and lakes fast enough. I am constantly wanting to explore new places and revisit memorable destinations. Thankfully, I have amazing friends that share the need and want to get outdoors and wander too. Therefore, we are participating in the 52-Hike Challenge this year. We all have our own goals: tackle some big trails, meet new people, embrace healthier lifestyles, and inspire others to #OptOutside. It's not too late to start your year-long challenge: 52 Hikes in 52 Weeks.

If you live in the Pacific Northwest, it is actually pretty easy to find a different hike each week. Personally, I go through my hiking books, search the Washington Trails Association website, research popular trails on Instagram, and scan trails mentioned on hikingwithmybrother.com

Currently, I have had the opportunity to do more than one hike each week. At the end of my 52 Hike Challenge, I will definitely share some of the highlights and the hikes I completed during the 52 weeks. Hope to see you out on the trails soon!

Here are my accomplished hikes so far:

Week 1: Myrtle Edwards Park, Seattle, WA; Centennial Park, Seattle, WA

Week 2: Twin Falls State Park, North Bend, WA; Preston-Snoqualmie Rail Trail, Fall City, WA; Snoqualmie Falls, Snoqualmie, WA
Week 3: Spencer Island, Everett, WA; Langus Riverfront Trail, Everett, WA
Week 4: Point Robinson Lighthouse, Maury Island, WA
Week 5:Washington Park Arboretum to Marsh Island, Seattle, WA
Week 6: Fort Ward State Park, Bainbridge Island, WA; Gazzam Lake, Bainbridge Island, WA; Grand Forest, Bainbridge Island, WA
Week 7: Saint Edward State Park, Kenmore, WA; Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park Licorice Fern Trail, Issaquah, WA; Wilderness Creek and Wilderness Peak Loop, Issaquah, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment