Saturday, November 21, 2015

Green Free Day > Black Friday

REI recently launched the movement, #OptOutside, where the store is closing its doors across the country on Black Friday; no promotions, no hourly sales, no doorbusters, no waiting in line. Also, REI employees are being paid to go outdoors and not work!

Washington’s National Parks is now joining this movement too, and are turning Black Friday into Green Free Day for visitors. They are encouraging Washingtonians to take advantage of the waived entrance fees for visiting at Mount Rainier and Olympic National Parks on Black Friday. Free admission means that visitors can go snowshoeing, skiing, hiking, or take a scenic walk through the parks. Therefore, Green Free Day is greater than Black Friday!
I will not be in Washington during the holiday, but if I was, I would be making the drive over to Olympic National Park. Some of my most memorable outdoor adventures have been in this park; and whenever I visit it, I cannot believe I live in such a beautiful place, where every day can feel like a vacation. However, Mount Rainier National Park is a great destination as well; I just tend to avoid snow, and roads that require chains to be on vehicle tires.

Whether you are with your family this Thanksgiving, or creating a Friendsgiving, create memories, eat amazing food, and go for the extra slice of pie during dessert, because the outdoors is waiting for you on Friday!
 

 
 
 


 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment