- All the dry ingredients are measured in grams, which allows for precision.
- Overall, the recipes do not require too fancy of ingredients or kitchen gadgets.
- If I follow the directions correctly, the recipes have come out as expected and delicious.
- Not only is the author a great cook, she has a comical writing style that is prevalent in her cookbook.
- Not only are her amazing recipes found in this cookbook, she has a blog she updates weekly. I also follow her Instagram account and the pictures are absolutely mouthwatering and where I learned that she is working on her second cookbook.
- Every recipe in the Smitten Kitchen cookbook has at least a picture of the finished product, and most times there are more pictures.
|Finished product with strawberry whipped cream (top left), baked dutch babies (top right), and uncooked dutch babies ready for the oven (bottom)|
|Baked potato bottom|
|Uncooked turkey bacon ingredients|
|Uncooked frittatas with egg mixture added|
|Puffy baked frittatas|
|The layers of the baked turkey bacon frittata|
|Cooked and raw ingredients-ready to be assembled into a sandwich|
|Cooked sandwich with onions|
|Imperfect flaky crust|
|Crust plus the cooked savory filling|
|Such "professional" crust folding technique|
|Golden brown perfection|
|Look at all those onions...yum!|
|Raw meatloaf meatballs (some with and some without sauce)|
|Cooked meatloaf meatballs|
|Assembled baked cookies|
|Baked apple cake using the Angel Food pan|
|Layered desserts are the best|
|Loaded with toasted cheese, sour cream, turkey bacon, and chives|