Sunday, December 28, 2014

17,445 Pages

One of the benefits of having a goodreads.com account is that it keeps track of all the books you read throughout the year, and the amount of pages. This year, I saw an increase in nonfiction and humorous short stories/essays novels that I read. Rainbow Rowell became my favorite author discovery of 2014; I cannot wait to read her new book, Landline. A fluff book series that I started in undergrad, Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich, I continued to read this year but I want her to end the series already. The most recent Stephanie Plum novel was book #21, and in my opinion, the last book in the series that was good was #13. I have enjoyed the first TV season of "Orange is the New Black" more than the book. Although I do enjoy reading ebooks on my nook and iPad; I still read about 70% books, and according to goodreads, I still have 1,698 books that I want to read.

Here are some of the books I tackled in 2014; let me know if you have any recommendations:
  • The Sirens of Titans-Kurt Vonnegut
  • 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice In My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help that Actually Works- Dan Harris
  • Top Secret Twenty-One- Janet Evanovich
  • On The Bus With Rosa Parks- Rita Dove
  • We Were Liars- E. Lockhart
  • This Will Be Difficult to Explain: And Other Stories- Johanna Skibsrud
  • How To Quinoa: Life Lessons From My Imaginary Well-Dressed Daughter- Tiffany Beveridge
  • Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened- Allie Brosh
  • Everything I Need To Know I Learned From A Little Golden Book- Diane Muldrow
  • What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding- Kristin Newman
  • Naptime is the new Happy Hour: And Other Ways Toddlers Turn Your Life Upside Down- Stefanie Wilder-Taylor
  • City of Heavenly Fire- Cassandra Clare
  • Night Broken- Patricia Briggs
  • The Goldfinch- Donna Tartt
  • Orange is the New Black- Piper Kerman
  • For All of Us, One Today: An Inaugural Poet's Journey- Richard Bianco
  • Seven Pleasures: Essays on Ordinary Happiness- Willard Spiegelman
  • Uganda Be Kidding Me- Chelsea Handler
  • Dad is Fat- Jim Gaffigan
  • The Dude and the Zen Master- Jeff Bridges
  • I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up For Education and Was Shot by the Taliban- Malala Yousafzai
  • The Good Nurse: A True Story of Medicine, Madness, & Murder- Charles Graeber
  • A Religion of One's Own: A Guide to Creating a Personal Spirituality in a Secular World- Thomas Moore
  • Takedown Twenty- Janet Evanovich
  • Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps- Kelly Williams Brown
  • A Little Book of Sloth- Lucy Cooke
  • What's Worth Knowing- Wendy Lust Bader
  • Inferno- Dan Brown
  • Fangirl- Rainbow Rowell
  • The Giver- Lois Lowry
  • The Sugar Frosted Nutsack- Mark Leynor
  • The Best of Me- Nicholas Sparks
  • City Of Lost Souls- Cassandra Clare
  • Euphemania: Our Love Affair with Euphemisms- Ralph Keyes
  • Faceless Killers- Henning Mankell
  • The Pact- Jodi Picoult
  • It- Stephen King 

No comments:

Post a Comment