Thursday, December 26, 2013

1297 miles

I cannot believe that the year 2013 is almost over, and I graduated over a year ago!

I do a lot of walking in Seattle and hiking in the Pacific Northwest, and it is that lifestyle that I absolutely love about being a Seattle resident over living in the Midwest. One of my friends was motivated to "keep moving in 2013" and she set fitness goals for herself for this year; therefore, I joined the website www.dailymile.com that she was using to help her achieve her goals. It's a social-network website that you can keep track of all the exercises that you do throughout the year. Also, it allows you to choose the type of workouts that you complete. You can add friends to your profile and then at the end of the week, you receive an email about how many miles you and your friends completed. It's a great way to keep motivated, and for me it was a way to see that I really do get a lot of exercise in even if I was unable to make it to the gym.

Not only does this website keep track of your miles but it tells you how far you have traveled around the world, how much money in gas you saved by exercising that distance, and my favorite stat is that it tells you how many donuts you could eat with the calories you burn (from February-December I could have ate 158.07 donuts).

Everyone looks for something to keep themselves motivated in "just keep moving" and being less sedentary. For me, this was a great website and I will continue to use it next year, and of course I will try and beat my 1297 miles that I did this year (my 2013 goal was to complete 1000 miles)!

No comments:

Post a Comment